Friday 27 January 2012

Image0015
I can't believe I'm still doing this, still stuck in Gothenburg. In more ways than one, I suppose.

Life is odd at the moment. Coming out of an extended break from work. Trying to find my feet in quicksand. Appreciative of those around me. Newly twenty-three!

We stumbled upon the Gothenburg International Biennial for Contemporay Art, with the tagline 'art in a time of creativity fever'. There were some amazing pieces, like this giant hanging bean-filled work, a world map made out of electrical wire and sound representing migration flow, and a symphony based on the 'voices' of the Icelandic financial collapse! Röda Sten, the building under the bridge, blew me away. What an amazing space.

1 comment:

Tanya Jane said...

Steph, these photographs are amazing!