Sunday 20 November 2011


I always avoided doing touristy things the first time I was there, and always regretted not visiting Møns Klint. I left Copenhagen early one morning and travelled south by train. The train went through Roskilde, my old home, and strange as it was to be reliving that train trip, I felt very little. After that, I decided not to visit my old house on Københavnsvej, despite thinking of it every day since I left it behind. I think it is best to let at least something remain in the past.

Once off the train, I caught a bus to the island of Møn. I then hired a bicycle and rode 20km to the cliffs. It was sunny, breezy and perfect. Riding alone through the gently rolling countryside and the tiny towns, stopping sporadically at bakeries and antique stores, and finally cycling up through the forest to the cliffs was the freest I've ever felt. No one knew who I was or where I was. It's such a powerful feeling to feel completely disconnected from the realities of life, yet at the same time feel so incredibly happy and content.

8 comments:

danica said...

your photographs are so beautiful, steph. i love the light leaks and the tones.

and boy do i want to go to copenhagen more and more with every post!

Jana Zilinkova said...

delightful xxx love the second photo

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures and reading about your your trip sounds really nice. What an amazing thing to do. You're not from Denmark are you?

R Kelly said...

awesome post!

Joy said...

these are gorgeous! the weather seems wonderful where you are. so glad you are able to travel and simply just be for a little while.

in dreams said...

that sounds perfect. you're inspiring me to do the same! these are lovely photos, too. :)

SJ said...

these are gorgeous, i love the imperfections.

Katrine said...

Wow! What a wonderful post Steph! Pics + text are all awesome!