Saturday 20 September 2008

edie.


Last night I took myself off to the Danish Film Institute to see Andy Warhol's Poor Little Rich Girl. This month the Cinemateket is playing Warhol documentaries, Factory Girl, and a few of his own films. I really wanted to go to Brisbane earlier in the year when they had the Andy Warhol exhibition on, but I didn't get the chance to. I was so pleased when the opportunity came up to see some of his film work while I'm in Denmark. It was odd, but very interesting, and nothing I wasn't expecting.

She was so beautiful. Such mesmerising eyes and the sweetest smile.

Before the film I did what I do best for a few hours - I wandered around Copenhagen, walking and exploring and looking and photographing and enjoying. I also visited some galleries, including Think Ink, which had the most wonderful pink-themed exhibition. The lady was so sweet, she showed me the print making room, her screen-printed-'like-Andy-Warhol' piece, and suggested some more places for me to visit. Another exhibition I went to, at Galleri Nakke Hage, had some pieces made out of those little iron-together hama beads! Very cool. (Click 'Foto fra aktuel udstilling' to see).

No comments: