Thursday 28 February 2008

loving and admiring.


Every time I try to find the words to describe what Interpol were like, what they have done to me, my head fills with lyrics, riffs and Paul Banks' haunting, wailing voice. I can't think straight when I try to explain them.

They were always up there with my top bands, but what they make me feel now is something above and beyond just liking a band. I'd go so far as to call it a mild obsession. I cannot listen to any other music, and usually I find it hard to decide on just one band to listen to. But there could be nothing other than Interpol on my iPod and I wouldn't care.

I'm sure it will pass, but for the next few days, weeks, maybe longer, it is consuming me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way about interpol when i saw them at the metro in melbourne 3 years ago, i honestly feel like some part of me has changed since then, although i tried the interpol only ipod thing and it killed me, it is definately shower music though.